Forget it, I know how annoying it is to be added to a group you don’t want to be part of. The most annoying is that you probably don’t even know the owner of the group and in most cases, the group isn’t the kind of group that interests you. That’s super annoying, isn’t it?
But don’t worry, the whole thing has been fixed now. Now WhatsApp finally lets you prevent people from adding you to their nonsense groups
See the Group settings screenshot below:-
NOTE:- In case you can’t find the features on your Whatsapp yet, kindly update your Whatsapp to the latest version. However, if you can’t find the update option to update WhatsApp on your App store, give it sometimes as they are currently rolling out the updates in batches.
HOW TO ENABLE THE SETTINGS
1. Open WhatsApp on your phone, and go to Settings > Accounts > Privacy.
2. Tap on Groups, and select any of the option below that suits you best.
Below are the options:-
– Nobody (this will prevents anyone from adding you to a group).
– My Contacts (only your contacts can add you to a group).
– Anyone (Anyone can add you to a group without an invitation)
I hope this helps alot, Don’t forget to drop your comment below. Cheers